Our goal as a faith community is to help “flatten the curve” by limiting large gatherings at Life in Deep Ellum – including the Gathering. Out of respect for our community, healthcare system, and our love for all of you, we have developed the following plan:
- Beginning this Sunday, March 15, we are suspending all in-person worship attendance and events of 250 or more until Dallas County lifts the ban or alters recommendations on large gatherings.
- In lieu of our in-person Sunday Gathering, we will offer a weekly online worship option (subscribe to our newsletter to have these delivered to your email weekly).
- Our small groups (life groups, support groups, & prayer groups) may continue to meet or choose to use a tech alternative, as determined by the group leader. We discourage small group gatherings of more than 25 people.
- Mokah will continue to stay open, however, we encourage patrons to observe “social distancing” recommendations.
For the time that we are unable to gather corporately, we would encourage you to stay connected to one another. Studies have repeatedly shown that a strong support system bolsters immune systems and makes it more likely for people who are ill to recover. Even as we take a physical step back from one another, our hope is that we will lean into community in meaningful ways. Our commitment to you in the coming weeks include:
- Continuing to provide meaningful worship experiences online.
- Pastorally care for this beautiful community.
- Be extra responsive to your emails, texts and calls.
- Use our social media accounts to provide regular updates and encouragement.
For people of faith, Lent has long been a season of going into the wilderness. In the coming weeks, our hope is that we will support one another, our neighbors and the larger community of Dallas. We would ask that as opportunities for support arise in your homes and communities that you would make us aware so that we can continue to show up as the Unexpected Neighbor (aka the Umbrella People). You can submit needs to firstname.lastname@example.org and requests for prayer and support to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please direct those to our Director of Operations, Lindsay Kramer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Staff of Life in Deep Ellum