ARTIST GRANT CALL FOR ENTRY
About The Umbrella Artist Grant is a $1,000 award, given to an individual artist in support of that personas creative practice. The grant is made possible and funded by Life in Deep Ellum (LIDE) as part of its efforts to honor the rich tradition of art in Dallas.
- Artist must live and work in Dallas, Texas.
- Each artist may make one application for up to $1,000 under this funding call.
- Proposals may request funds for expenses related to maintaining a creative practice. Examples of eligible expenses include: studio rental, material costs, production costs, equipment, travel related to research or exhibitions, etc.
- LIDE Employees, members the LIDE board of directors and family members of either aforementioned group may not apply.
- Artist must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Late, incomplete applications or applications not submitted in the requested format will not be considered.
Deadline: August 12, 2017 by 11:59 pm Application Please submit the following items as one PDF package to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short description of the proposed use of funds, including any budget info (~300 words or less)
- Artist statement (~500 words or less)
- CV (2 pages max)
- 10 images of current artwork including title, date, media and dimensions. Please do not submit work older than 2 years.